Welcome Pinners! Thanks for visiting. There have been hundreds of comments and questions on this recipe (White Chicken Enchiladas) so I want to make some of the answers known up front. After you make these, you will probably want to try a few of my other VERY popular recipes that are similar
White Chicken Enchiladas:
- This recipe calls for diced green chilies. Don’t let that fool you, these are NOT spicy in the least. My 3 year old and 1 year old love them.
- If you would like, you can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream in the recipe. It is a 1 for 1 substitute.
- If you cook your chicken first (rather than using a rotisserie chicken), you may wan to add some spices to give it extra flavor. I like the chicken to have good flavor. I tend to cook my chicken in the crock pot with some ground cumin, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
- You can make this ahead and keep it in the fridge up to 24 hours. Just put it in the oven and increase the time a bit. You will want to make sure they are heated through.
- This sauce does not freeze well. Then enchiladas themselves freeze really well. I freeze a few pans of them double wrapped in foil and then I just make the sauce the day of. Thaw them first, add the sauce, cook according to original instructions. (Need more freezer meal ideas? I’ve got a ton!)
Yes, your friends and family will lick their plate and ask for you to bring them to every gathering from here on out.
*These are seriously so so good*
Subscribe below to keep up with my current recipes. I am always adding new favorites!
(Find it here first before all your friends find it on Pinterest!)