I know I have posted a few pumpkin recipes, but it is still summer. Say it with me…..It’s still summer. There are berries to be eaten in abundance. There are only so many we can eat before I get the hankering to bake with them.
I had a recipe for Blueberry Crumb Muffins that I was able to alter and make in to this AMAZING treat. My husband is not a huge fan of breakfast sweets and he gobbled these up and was asking for more the next week.
These muffins are so moist and remind me of berry coffee cake. We loved them.
Triple Berry Strudel Muffins
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups fresh berries (I used blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
6 Tbsp cold butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
3/4 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 to 18 cup muffin tin or line with paper liners. I got 16 muffins from this recipe.
2. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternating with milk. Mix until only combined. Do not over mix. Fold in berries with a spatula.
4. Spoon batter into the muffin tin filling only 2/3 way full.
5. Make strudel topping by cutting the cold butter into the dry ingredients until coarse and crumbly. Top each muffin batter with a generous tablespoon of the topping. Bake for 30 minutes until center of muffin is done when tested with toothpick. Let muffins cool before removing from pan as the berries will make them very delicate.