On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 44.
Oven Fried Mexican Chicken:
This was my second favorite dinner growing up, right after Sweet and Sour Meatballs. My mom liked to make this because she could marinate it while she was at work during the day and then shake it in the toppings and bake when we got home. Makes for a very easy dinner.
I am not sure where this recipe originally comes from. My recipe card says from Grammy. If I find out, I will let you know.
I always add more Tabasco sauce than the recipe calls for, I really like spicy food. Put a squeeze of fresh lime on this and it is AMAZING!
Oven-Fried Mexican Chicken
1 cup V-8 juice
1/4 to 1 tsp Tabasco sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup shredded cheese, I like cheddar
3 cups corn flakes, crushed
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1. In a large bowl, marinate chicken in v-8 juice and Tabasco. Let marinate at room temp for 30 minutes or 3+ hours in the fridge. Stir frequently to coat.
2. Drain and discard marinade
3. In a large ziplock bag, combine remaining ingredients and place chicken in one a t a time. Seal and shake to coat.
4. Place on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
5. Bake 45-60 minutes at 375 degrees. Cover with foil if it starts to get overly brown before chicken is cooked through.