Fall is just around the corner. Being 5 months pregnant, I am welcoming the cooler weather with open arms. While it is not yet here….I’m sure looking forward to it.
In my kitchen, fall means more comfort foods and FREQUENT use of my slow cooker. I may even use both of my slow cookers at the same time!
For those of you savoring every last drop of the sun and heat, using your slow cooker is a great way to have dinner ready without heating up the kitchen.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
4 tsp cornstarch
4 tsp water
1. Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper Pour over the chicken and cook on low 4-5 hours.
3. Remove chicken from slow cooker, chop into cubes and set aside
4. Strain the cooking liquid from the slow cooker and pour into a skillet. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water until combined. Slowly add to boiling liquid and reduce to a simmer. Allow sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes and then toss the chicken back in. Coat the chicken with sauce and let heat through.
Serve over rice with a side of steamed veggies.