1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl
3. In a separate large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth. This takes a little while since it starts out a bit lumpy
5. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined.
6. DO NOT OVER MIX
7. Spoon onto un-greased cookie sheets or parchment paper. I found that parchment paper works best.
8. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges barely start to brown.
9. While cookies are in the oven, make the eggnog glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog. I even added more of each here and there to make it a thick icing to squeeze out of a decorator bottle.
10. Gaze your cookies warm or cooled.
*Lets talk about my favorite kind of nutmeg*
I love Spice Island nutmeg. It is dense and moist. Usually, spices aren’t moist. They are dry and soft. But this stuff is so yummy and so flavorful. It packs a “nutmeg punch”! Try it and see how you like it. (NO I am not endorsed by them. I just like the product)