On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 34.
This recipe is made in a bread machine just using the dough setting. If you do not have a bread machine, you can use a stand mixer and mix with dough hook and knead it until smooth and then let it rise once. After it rises once, punch it down and let it rise again. After it doubles in a greased bowl for the second time, shape in to loafs.
I had everything on hand for this recipe and it only takes 90 minutes in my bread machine to have the dough ready. To get that crispy outer crust, be sure to put a pie plate with about an inch of water on the bottom rack of your oven.
Easy French Bread
1 cup + 6 Tbsp warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast
1. Measure and add all liquid ingredients to the bread machine pan
2. Measure and add all dry ingredients to the bread machine pan….adding the yeast very last in a well on the top of the flour.
3. Snap the bread machine pan in place and use your dough setting. Start machine.
4. When dough is done, shape in to 2 loafs and slit across the top diagonally. Place dough on lightly greased baking sheet.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place a pie plate on bottom rack of oven.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.