This Cheater Chicken Parmesan is the perfect dinner to whip up on a busy weeknight. Keep all the ingredients in your pantry and freezer and you will always be ready to serve a comfort food dinner to guests and family. Everything about this recipe is so easy!
Lets talk about this frozen Panko Chicken from Costco. I always keep one or two bags of it on hand. I use it to make this Cheater Chicken Parmesan along with so many other things. Try my recipe for Crispy Lemon Chicken for another great way to use this frozen chicken.
Now, on to this super easy and delicious dinner. Open a jar of marinara (I always keep this kirkland sauce in my pantry) and pour about 1/2 cup in to the bottom of a greased baking dish.
A package of boiled penne pasta? Yes please! You can use any pasta you have on hand. Boil it according to the package directions and pour it in the baking dish on top of the sauce.
Top with the baked panko chicken. Doesn’t that crispy golden chicken look so beautiful?!
Ok, now pour the rest of the jar of sauce on top of this all. Next we will get to the cheese…..it’s my favorite part.
Helllooooooo, you beautiful mozzarella!
Put all of those slices of mozzarella on top of the sauce and lightly sprinkle with parsley flakes. Now, you can use shredded mozzarella if that is what you have on hand. But, I just LOOOVE thick slices of fresh mozzarella.
Look at all of this beauty ready to devour. MMMMMmmmm. Enjoy!Print
Cheater Chicken Parmesan
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese
- 8 Panko chicken tenderloins, baked according to package
- parsley flakes for garnish
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinara in bottom of baking dish.
- Pour cooked noodles on top of sauce.
- Layer on cooked panko chicken tenderloins
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Add mozzarella cheese to top and sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Bakes for 20 minutes.