Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
I had some over-ripe bananas and I wasn’t really wanting just plain old banana bread. So I went to Pinterest to find a good muffin recipe. I love to wake up before my girls and whip up a breakfast treat to enjoy.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins come together very quickly and they were so good that I made them twice in one week. The texture is perfect on these.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 mashed over ripe bananas
2/3 cup chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees*
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and mix well.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in vanilla extract.
3. Fold in mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
4. Spoon in to greased muffin tin. Each muffin slot should be about 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.
* recipe adapted from Stick a Fork In It*